Carrying last weeks birthday theme on to today, these two samples feature a mini birthday gift box and card. This small box has been created from a White Birch Wood, and embellished with die cut pieces in our Cherry Wood sheets, as well as, some ribbon, and a perfect size for two fun-sized candy bars. Great for a party favor or add the card to round out a simple gift. For a more masculine take on these two designs, simply swap out the pink for blue, green or any other color.
Mini Box Instructions:
- Trim 8.5×11 sheet of Whisper White Card Stock to 8.5×6-inches.
- Trim White Birch Sticky Backed Wood Sheet to 8.5×6-inches. Peel backing and adhere wood sheet to Whisper White Card Stock. This is done to add flexibility to wood sheet for scoring and folding mini box.
- Using Bigz XL Bitty Box & Envelope die, run the two layered card stock, just created, through the sizzix machine.
- Using the edge of a bone folders go over the score lines of the mini box, fold on the score lines to create the box.
- Wrap Scallop Edge Rose Red Polka Dot Ribbon around mini box approximately 1-inch from the top. Fasten with a knot. Using scissors, trim edges at an angle.
- Using Bigz Alphabet Typeset die, sizzix machine, and a piece of Cherry White Backed Wood Sheet, cut the letters “H” and “B”.
- Place two small holes at the top of the “H” and one small hole at the top of the “B” using the 1/16-inch hand punch.
- Thread the white embroidery floss through the small holes, bringing both ends of the floss together around the Scallop Edge Rose Red Polka Dot Ribbon. Fasten with a knot.
- With remaining piece of 8.5×11 sheet of Whisper White Card Stock, trim to 3×6-inches. Score at 3-inches and fold in half for base of card.
- Using Cherry and White Birch Wood Sheets, punch out base and frosting of cupcake image with Build-a-Cupcake punch.
- Place dimensionals on the back of base and frosting punch-outs. Set aside.
- Punch out two sets of pattern paper, candle images from the Build-a-Cupcake punch. Set aside.
- Use the Stamp a ma jig to align the Vintage Labels Stamp, “Happy Birthday” sentiment approximately ½-inch from the right and bottom of the card. Stamp the sentiment using Rose Red Class Ink.
- Remove backing from dimensional and adhere the base of the punched cupcake image approximately ¼-inch from the bottom of the card and ¾-inch from the left edge.
- Adhere the punched frosting image just above the base.
- Using liquid glue, apply a small amount to the punched candle images. Tuck slightly under the dimensionalized frosting image and adhere. Repeat for second candle image.
White Birch Wood Sheet
Cherry Wood Sheet
White Embroidery Floss
Fiskars 1/16-inch hand punch
Liquid Glue (Elmers)
Sizzix die cutting machine
8/5×11-inch White Card Stock Sheets
Stampin’ Up! Bigz XL Bitty Box & Envelope die
Stampin’ Up! Vintage Labels Stamp, “Happy Birthday”
Stampin’ Up! Clear Mount Block C
Stampin’ Up! Extra Large Build-a-Cupcake Punch
Stampin’ Up! Bigz Alphabet Typeset die
DSP (chevron pattern)
Stamp a ma jig
Polka Dot Ribbon