What are your favorite Thanksgiving family traditions? Aside from sharing a wonderful meal with those we love, do you write thank-you notes or keep a thankful journal? Well, today we’d like to share one tradition that may be a great addition to your Thanksgiving season. Our Cherry Wood Thankful Notes are the perfect way to capture the things that we are most grateful for. Keep these little notes on display throughout upcoming weeks or tuck them into an album for safe keeping, and be sure to enjoy this season of gratitude and thanksgiving.
Supplies: Cherry Wood Sheets, Label die cut, Manuel or electronic die cutting machine, 1/4-inch Brown Ribbon, 1/8-inch hand punch, ‘A Note of Thanks’ Stamp, Label Punch, Pattern Paper, Vanilla Card Stock, Foam Dimensionals and Adhesive.
Thankful Note Card Instructions:
1. Trim three patterns of paper to 5×7 inches each.
2. Trim three pieces of vanilla colored card stock to 4×6-inches each.
3. Adhere three vanilla card stock pieces to the center of each 5×7 pattern paper piece.
4. Using a label die cut shape (approximately 4-1/2 x 31/2-inches) and die cutting machine (sizzix big shot was used here) cut three Cherry Wood labels out. Be sure the grain in going length-wise on each label, this will ensure a crisp fold without cracking. Score center of label length-wise and fold in half.
5. Lay folded labels over the top edge of each card and using a 1/8-inch hand punch, place two holes, one approximately 1/2-inch from the left edge and 1-1/25 inches from the top. Place the other hole approximately 1/2-inch in from the right edge of the card and 1-1/25 inches from the top of the card.
6. Trim three pieces of 1/4-inch brown ribbon to approximately 18 inches in length.
7. Tread the ribbon down through the right 1/8-inch hole on each card, around the back and come up through the left hole.
8. Fasten each ribbon with a bow on the front left side of each card.
9. On a piece of vanilla card stock, using the ‘A Note of Thanks’, stamp three times.
10. Using a long label punch, punch the each stamped sentiment out.
11. Using foam dimensionals adhere to the top of each card along the brown ribbon on the right side.