Supplies for the ‘Thinking of You’ Card: White Birch Wood Sheet, Raspberry Ink, Light Green Ink, Pink Ink, White card stock, light green card stock, Scissors, mini adhesive back pearls, label punch, brocade embossing folder, Big Shot machine, flower stamp(s), flower punch, thinking of you sentiment stamp and clear block, glue dots, and adhesive.
‘Thinking of You’ Card Instructions:
1. Cut light green card stock to 4 x 8″, fold in half to make a square card.
3. Next grab your label punch and punch out a label shape approximately 1 1/2 inch from the top of the embossed White Birch wood sheet. This will create the window opening for your verse.
4. Remove paper backing and adhere embossed White Birch wood sheet to front of light green card stock, leaving 1/4″ reveal of green on the top and bottom. Trim as needed.
5. Next stamp the Thinking of You sentiment in green into the window opening – taking care to center the image. We used a photopolymer stamp and a clear block for easier alignment.
6. Stamp the flower image twice onto white card stock in light green ink. Repeat this stamping process with once with pink, and twice with raspberry ink.
7. Punch out each flower. You should have 2 light green, 1 pink, and 2 raspberry flowers. Adhere a mini self-adhesive pearl into the center of each flower.
8. Arrange the punched out flowers on either side of the window opening as shown in photo. Adhere them to the embossed White Birch wood sheet with glue dots.
Easter is peaking around the corner and we couldn’t resist adding a few little wood bunnies to our home decor using wood sheets.
Supplies for the ‘Bunnies’ Frame: White Birch Wood Sheet, light green card stock, dark green card stock, white mini pom poms, scissors, pinking scissors, Big Shot machine, alphabet die, simple frame, glue dots, and adhesive.
‘Bunnies’ Frame Instructions:
1. Create the base of your bunny home decor with a piece of 8-1/2″ x 11″ light green card stock.
2. Draw a simple bunny outline on a white piece of scratch paper approximately 2 inches tall. Trace that simple bunny shape three times onto a piece of White Birch wood sheet. Cut out the bunny shape. Note: if drawing a bunny is not your thing you can find many various bunny shapes online as digital files. These files can be used in various e-cutters with wood sheets.
3. With mini glue dots adhere your white pom poms to the rear of each bunny as a tail. Set aside.
4. Cut a piece of dark green card stock 5″ x 3/4″. Then grab your pinking scissors and trim off one edge of the cute green card stock. Set aside.
5. Next grab your Big Shot and alphabet die. Cut out the alphabet letters using a piece of White Birch wood. This will create your HAPPY SPRING phrase. Note: alphabet letters are a fun way to use wood sheets on any project. Cut letters ahead of time and you’ll have wood stickers on hand for your next project.
6. First arrange your bunnies onto the piece of piece of 8-1/2″ x 11″ light green card stock, oriented landscape. Our bunnies are centered from left to right and are placed approximately 4-1/2″ inches up from the bottom of the green card stock.
7. Next remove paper backing and adhere the White Birch wood bunnies. Adhere the cut out piece of dark green card stock on top of the three bunnies, near the “ground” to serve as grass.
8. Arrange your letters onto the light green card stock, (centered under your three bunnies and grass) to spell HAPPY SPRING. Our letters are centered from left to right and are placed approximately 3″ inches up from the bottom of the green card stock.
9. Place in simple frame and enjoy.