wood sheets and Wood tape add a nice touch to any project. wood sheets also are a great base to use with rub-on images. We rubbed a simple spring message directly onto a piece of Cherry wood and the result was perfect!
Supplies for the ‘Spring has Sprung’ Card: Cherry wood sheet, Cherry Wood tape, rub-on message, yellow card stock, vanilla card stock, chevron embossing folder & big shot machine, quilled embellishment, glue dots, and adhesive.
‘Spring has Sprung’ Card Instructions:
1. Cut a piece of 8-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ yellow card stock. Score and fold in half for a card base.
2. Cut a strip of Cherry wood sheet to 3 – 3/4″ x 2″. Adhere to bottom of card providing a 1/4″ space around bottom and sides.
3. Rub a greeting directly onto the piece of cut Cherry wood. We positioned our greeting in the bottom right corner.
4. Using the Big Shot machine and the chevron embossing folder, emboss a piece of 3 – 3/4″ x 3″ vanilla card stock. Cut along the bottom chevron embossed line to create a zig-zag edge.
5. Adhere embossed vanilla card stock to top of card providing a 1/4″ space around bottom and sides. The piece of card stock will layer on top of the cut Cherry wood piece.
6. Next cut a 3″ piece of Cherry wood tape. Roll fold the tape and adhere with a glue dot at the base. Adhere roll folded Cherry wood tape to card approximately 1-1/2″ from right side and 2-1/2 inches from the bottom of the card. The rolled edge of the Cherry wood tape should be facing the top of the card.
7. Finish off your card with a quilled embellishment or paper flower. Place the embellishment 2-1/2 inches from the bottom of the card, covering up the cut edge of the Cherry wood tape.