We are loving our summer. The weather is warm, flowers bloom, and around here, everyday the sun is shining. We wanted to formally say ‘Hello to Summer’ with this card using a variety of real Wood products.
You may have noticed how big pocket scrapbooking has become … ‘Project Life’ or pocket scrapbooking cards are also fun and easy to use on cards. This card came together quickly using a pocket scrapbook card as the primary image.
Supplies for the ‘Hello to Summer’ card: Birch Wood tape, Cherry Wood Tape, White Birch Paper, tan cardstock, pink cardstock, scallop circle punch, large flower punch, flair, pocket scrapbook card, foam dimensionals, adhesive and scissors.
‘Hello to Summer’ Card Instructions:
- Cut tan cardstock to 5″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold in half to create a flat card size of 5″ x 4- 1/4″.
- Cut 3 pieces of Cherry Wood Tape and 2 pieces of Birch Wood tape to 4-1/4”. Adhere tapes to card base, starting with Cherry Wood Tape and alternating with Birch Wood tape to create the striped background. Completely cover the front of card with tape. Trim excess tape if needed.
- Mount a ‘pocket scrapbook card’ to front of card on an angle. We chose a summer themed pocket card with a verse and a summertime image.
- To create the wood and paper flower: Use a large flower punch and punch out 2 White Birch paper flowers and 2 pink card stock flowers. Alternating papers, layer the flower pieces together. Offset and overlap petals on each layer and adhere together. Punch out a small pink cardstock scallop circle. Add scallop and a little flair button to the center of your flower.
- Adhere the assembled flower to the ‘pocket scrapbook card’ and card.
- Send someone a sweet summer hello.