Hello and welcome friends! You are in for a real treat this week. We have partnered with Some Odd Girl to bring you a daily post featuring a new wood project every day. We are so exited to show how well Wood products partner with Some Odd Girl products. Each day this week you will see super cool samples featuring Wood products on the Some Odd Girl blog and the ETC Papers Blog. Perfect companions. You can also enter to win ETC Papers and Some Odd Girl prizes. Seriously, what a treat!
Some Odd Girl are known for their delightful images that are perfect for coloring. SOG sells digital files, clear stamps and other super fun odds and ends. All of the SOG products featured throughout the week can be purchased from the SOG shop. Today’s ARC project features the Stump card base and the darling Fox from the Hipster Pets clear stamp set.
Check out what the ODD Girls created for today here.
Supplies for the ‘Hip Fox’ Card: Cherry Wood Sheet, Stump card base, Hipster Pets clear stamp set, electronic cutter, 12″ x 12″ white card stock, green card stock, patterned paper, scalloped corner punch, Blending markers (shades of rust, green, and brown), black ink pad (alcohol ink recommended), green ink pad, light green ribbon, scissors, and foam dimensional adhesive.
1. Cut a piece of white card stock to 6″ x 12″. Score and fold in half for your card base (6″x 6″).
2. Cut a piece of green card stock to 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Punch corners with scalloped corner punch. Center and adhere to card front.
3. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 5″ x 4″. Punch top two corners with scalloped corner punch. Center and adhere to card front leaving 1″ of space at the bottom.
4. Using the Stump card base cut file, a sheet of Cherry Wood and an electronic cutter, cut out the Stump card base. You will cut the back away from the Cherry Wood Stump card base before you mount to your card. Layer and adhere both fronts of the Cherry Wood Stump card base onto your card. Use foam dimensionals for extra depth. See example of finished card. Tip: lightly color the outside edges of the front Cherry Wood Stump card base with a brown marker. This will add a defining line and help pop the front of the stump from the back of the stump.
5. Cut out the leaves from the Stump card base cut file onto green card stock. Add a defining line to the leaves with a green blending marker. Adhere leaves to branch of stump. Also tie a piece of green ribbon onto the branch just below the leaves.
6. In black ink stamp the ‘Fox’ and the ‘Bow’ from the Hipster Pets clear stamp set onto white card stock. Color both with blending markers. Cut out the ‘Fox’ and the ‘Bow’ from the Hipster Pets clear stamp set. Using foam dimensionals adhere the ‘Bow’ to the ‘Fox’ neck. Nestle the ‘Fox’ inside the opening of the tree stump and adhere.
7. Stamp the phrase ‘I was hip before it was cool’ from the Hipster Pets clear stamp set in green ink. Trim out and adhere to card. Tip: Clear stamps are very flexible. We shaped the phrase ‘I was hip before it was cool’ onto a curve and then stamped.
Win awesome products!
Keep visiting our site all week, and check out the Some Odd Girl blog, and you’ll see what we’ve all done to showcase our products together. Leave comments and tell us what you think, and we’ll have announcements to make next week! One lucky commenter will win $20 to spend at the Some Odd Girl store, and two other commenters will each win an awesome ETC Papers prize pack, consisting of one 12″x24″ adhesive roll and one roll of wood tape (both winner’s choice!) so keep watching, share your thoughts, and have a great week!