This week’s project is a small notecard which features both Cherry wood and Rustic Cherry Wood. We love how our Cherry wood layers with our Rustic Cherry Wood. Tonally they match well and each accent the other nicely. You can get a similar effect when pairing White Birch Wood and Rustic White Birch Wood.
Supplies for the ‘Friend to Friend’ notecard: Cherry Wood Sheet, Rustic Cherry Wood Sheet, vanilla card stock, white card stock, coral card stock, coral ink, doily stamp, friend to friend stamp, scallop border punch, 1-1/2″ scallop circle punch, 1-1/2″ circle punch, 1/8″ white ribbon, wood button, foam dimensionals, adhesive, and scissors.
Instructions for creating the ‘Friend to Friend notecard:
1. Cut a piece of vanilla card stock to 2-1/2″ x 4″. Score and fold in half.
2. Use the scallop border punch along the bottom front of the card.
3. Cut a piece of Cherry Wood Sheet to 2-1/2″ x 3″. Remove adhesive liner from Cherry Wood Sheet and adhere to card front centering from top to bottom. Stamp the friend to friend image in coral ink onto the bottom center of the Cherry Wood Sheet.
5. Cut a piece of coral card stock to to 2-1/2″ x 1/2″. Using scissors cut flags on either end of coral card stock and adhere to Rustic Cherry Wood centering from top to bottom.
6. Cut a piece of 1/8″ white ribbon to 2″. Angle cut ends. Adhere to coral card stock flag centering from top to bottom.
7. Punch a 1/2″ scallop circle from the coral card stock. Using scissors, cut punched image in half and set aside.
8. Stamp the doily image in coral ink onto white card stock. Punch out with 1-1/2″ circle punch.
9. Adhere each half piece of the scalloped coral card stock (step 7) to the back of the punched doily image. Each half of the scalloped coral card stock should offset the top and bottom of the doily image. See example.
10. Adhere a wood button to the center of the assembled doily image.
11. Adhere the assembled doily image using foam dimensionals to the card front, centering from top to bottom. See example.