It’s October 4th and today is World Card Making Day! Yes, a day just for us card makers. We joined in on the card making fun and created a ‘World’ themed card using Rustic Cherry Wood, Cherry Wood and Birch Wood papers. For more information about WCMD visit the World Card Making Day website. We hope you enjoyed our inspiration. Join in the fun and create a card today using your favorite wood products!
Supplies for the ‘You mean the WORLD to me’ Card: Rustic Cherry Wood, Cherry Wood and Birch Wood papers, light blue card stock, green card stock, confetti white card stock, confetti cream card stock, light blue stamp ink, black sta-zon ink, light blue marker, world stamp, ‘you mean the world to me’ stamp phrase, coral card stock, linen thread, small heart punch, 2.5″ circle punch, inverse corner punch, scissors, foam tape, and adhesive.
Instructions for the ‘You mean the WORLD to me’ Card:
1. Cut a piece of light blue card stock to 4.25″ x 5.5″. Score and fold in half for card base.
2. Cut a piece of Rustic Cherry Wood to 3″ x 5.5″. Remove adhesive liner and adhere to center of the card.
4. Cut a piece of coral card stock to 1.25″ x 3″. Punch a small heart toward the bottom of the coral card stock. Snip a flag shape at the bottom of the card stock below the punched heart. Wrap an 8″ piece of linen thread around the coral card stock piece four times just above the heart. Tie linen thread ends into a knot. Adhere coral card stock heart flag onto the piece of Cherry Wood using foam tape, centering flag from left to right. See example for spacing suggestion.
5. Cut a piece of green card stock to 3″ x 3″. Punch all four corners of the green card stock square with an inverse corner punch. Wrap 20″ of linen thread around green card stock square, the inverse corners should temporarily hold thread in place. Tape thread down on back side.
6. Stamp the phrase ‘you mean the world to me’ into blue ink onto the confetti white card stock. Punch out using a 2.5″ circle punch making sure the phrase is centered in the bottom half of the circle.
7. Stamp the world image in black sta-zon ink onto a piece of Birch Wood paper. Color in the water areas of the world with a light blue marker. Cut out world shape. Adhere world to top center of 2.5″ punched out circle using foam tape.
8. Stamp the phrase ‘you’ in blue ink onto a piece of confetti cream card stock. Cut out ‘you’ phrase and flag ends. Adhere to stamped Birch Wood world image using foam tape.