It’s been a while since we shared some card inspiration. This week’s fall card features Cherry and Birch woods. Real Wood embosses amazingly well! You can add more visual dimension to any Real Wood sheet with a little texture embossing. On our Hello Fall card we dry embossed a sheet of Birch wood with a V Striped textured for a stunning result. The three pumpkins on the front of the card are cut from Cherry Wood.
Supplies for the ‘Hello Fall’ card: Birch Wood adhesive sheet, Cherry Wood sheet, brown card stock, white card stock, purple washi tape, yellow washi tape, pumpkin dies, V striped embossing folder, Big Shot, green ink, brown ink, banner stamp, hello fall stamp, foam tape and adhesive.
Instructions for the ‘Hello Fall’ card:
1. Cut a piece of brown card stock to 8.5″ x 5.5″, score and fold in half.
2. Cut a piece of Birch wood adhesive sheet to 4″ x 5.25″. Run through a Big Shot using a V striped embossing folder. Remove adhesive liner and adhere to card front.
3. Tear off 3.5″ strips of washi tape (purple and yellow) and adhere to center of card. Alternate washi tape – purple, yellow, purple.
4. Cut out three Cherry wood pumpkins using pumpkin dies and the Big Shot.
5. Adhere Cherry wood pumpkins to front of card. See example.
6. Stamp banner in green ink onto white card stock.
7. Stamp Hello Fall onto green banner in brown ink.
8. Cut out banner shape and adhere to card using foam tape.