Documenting life with scrapbooking is a December tradition for us. These pages make a wonderful keepsake that is rewarding to look back upon. This 12″x12″ page uses Rustic Cherry wood as the background. We cut the layered ornaments from Cherry and Birch wood. Try real wood with your holiday memory keeping or December daily album.
Supplies for the ‘Dear Santa Holiday Scrapbook page’: Rustic Cherry wood sheet, Cherry wood sheet, Birch wood sheet, Birch Wood tape, red card stock, green card stock, ornament cut file, Silhouette Cameo, coordinating holiday patterned papers, label punch, music note flair embellishment, felt poinsettia embellishment, printed chipboard label and frame embellishments, brown 1/4″ twill ribbon, white 1/4″ twill ribbon, white snowflake rub-ons, corner round punch, journaling pen and adhesive.
Instructions for ‘Dear Santa Holiday Scrapbook page’:
1. Cut a sheet of Rustic Cherry wood to 12″x12″.
2. Cut a sheet of red card stock and green card stock to 11″x10″. Round the left top and bottom corners of the red and green card stock using a corner round punch. Offset green card stock slightly and layer onto red card stock. Adhere from the left side of the 12″x12″ Rustic Cherry wood page. Trim offset edge off as needed.
3. Layer various strips of coordinating holiday patterned papers onto the green card stock. See example for approximate paper size and placement.
4. Mount your 4″x6″ holiday photo onto a piece of 5″x7″ BARC Cherry wood. Round corners of BARC Cherry wood. Add a chipboard frame embellishment over the photo. Adhere to page.
5. Cut ornament file into Cherry Wood and Birch wood sheets with a Silhouette Cameo. Layer various cut ornament designs of Birch and Cherry wood to get the ornament look you prefer. Adhere 1/4″ white twill ribbon from ornament top to the top of card stock and tuck behind red card stock. Tie bows from 1/4″ white twill ribbon and adhere to ornament tops. See example.
6. Save the negative space circles from the cut wood ornaments to use as wood dot confetti. Sprinkle wood dots randomly on page and adhere down.
7. Randomly place white rub-on snowflakes onto green card stock.
8. Tie brown 1/4″ twill ribbon end to end onto label chipboard embellishment. Cut banner flags from Birch Wood tape and holiday patterned paper. Adhere banner flags behind the label chipboard embellishment. Adhere label chipboard embellishment to page. Be sure brown 1/4″ twill ribbon wraps behind page. See example for placement.
9. Rub on holiday verse ‘Dear Santa’ onto a piece of Cherry wood sheet and punch out with label punch. Adhere to center of label chipboard embellishment.
10. Adhere felt poinsettia and music note flair embellishments to right side of label chipboard embellishment.
11. Journal dates and other important information onto page.