Create gift packaging as precious as the gift inside that can be used again and again. We wrapped this small hexagon gift box in wood and decorated the top with a few fun paper crafting supplies. We are sure this birthday gift and package will be remembered and treasured!
Supplies for Birthday Gift box: Cherry wood, Birch Wood tape, small hexagon paper box, a variety of pink coordinating patterned papers, paper doily, pink card stock, green card stock, confetti card stock, flair button, flower punch, leaf punch, label punch, happy birthday stamp, green ink, scissors, sanding block and adhesive.
Instructions for covering Birthday Gift box:
1. Measure your paper gift box.
2. Cut Cherry Wood to box measurements.
3. Remove adhesive liner from the cut and measured pieces of Cherry wood and adhere them to the paper box.
4. Using a sanding block lightly sand edges of Cherry wood wrapped box.
Instructions for decorating the top of the Birthday Gift box:
1. Punch a label shape out of pink card stock and adhere to box top.
2. Cut a 1″ piece of Birch wood tape and adhere to top of pink card stock label.
3. Fold a white paper doily into a hanky triangle shape and adhere to top of Birch wood tape.
4. Cut two .5″ x 2″ flags from pink patterned paper. Cut one 1″ x 2″ flag from confetti white card stock. Set flags aside.
5. Stamp happy birthday phrase in green ink onto the confetti white paper flag.
6. Punch out two flowers and two green leaves using a flower and a leaf punch.
7. Layer, arrange and adhere Birthday phrase flag, patterned paper flags, flowers and leaves together. See box top for suggested placement.
8. Add flair button to center of flower.