We are back again this week highlighting some of our favorite products from ClearSnap with wood . We just love old wooden toys and games. We wanted to use our wood and mimic the look and feel of a classic wood game. Our Memory Matching Game is made with Birch wood and various ClearSnap products, including the Souvenir Boston stamp set! This project was simple and fun to create and even more fun to play.
Supplies for the Memory Matching Game: Birch wood, Colorbox Souvenir Stamps: Boston, cork, muslin bag, Colorbox Putty Spritzer, Colorbox Chalk Burnt Sienna Cat’s Eye, Colorbox Chalk Candied Yam Cat’s Eye, Colorbox Chalk Dark Moss Cat’s Eye, Colorbox Chevron Art Screen, Fudge Colorbox Surfacez ink, printer, Big Shot Die-cutting machine, 2″ circle die, spray fixative, scissors and foam adhesive.
Instructions for Memory Matching Game:
1. Mount Birch wood adhesive backed paper to a sheet of cork and cut out 24 circles using a Big Shot and a 2″ circle die.
2. Stamp two of each image onto the BARC wood covered circle (for a total of 6) in Colorbox Chalk Burnt Sienna with the Colorbox Boston Souvenir Stamp set. Note the two images should try to match each other in placement and color as close as possible.
6. Depending on the ink you use you may need to add a spray fixative to the top of each game piece to avoid smearing.
7. Typeset ‘Memory Matching Game’ and print onto a sheet of Birch wood. Cut into tag shape.
9. Spritz a muslin bag with Colorbox Putty Spritzer and the Colorbox Chevron Art Screen. To create a window opening like we did on our muslin bag lay the Chevron Art Screen over the muslin bag, then lay a 3″ circle over the Chevron Art Screen before your spritz. See photos below.
11. Spray fix your bag to keep the various ink from smudging. Fill your bag with the 24 stamped game pieces and attached the tag.
12. Play your game!