Want the look of wood without the weight of wood? Wood paper is thin, lightweight and mounts perfectly to other lightweight surfaces. We created this Home banner using Cherry Wood paper and adhered it to a piece of recycled cardboard. Attach the banner to a wreath and you’ll have a welcoming home decor piece.
Supplies for the ‘Home Banner’: Cherry Adhesive Wood Sheet, Home decor vinyl, scrap cardboard, pencil, hobby blade and ruler.
Instruction for the ‘Home Banner’:
1. Cut a piece of scrap cardboard to 8.5″ x 11″.
2. Remove the adhesive liner and mount the sheet of Cherry Wood onto the piece of cardboard.
3. Transfer the vinyl home decor piece directly to the Cherry Wood.
4. With a pencil and ruler lightly draw a banner shape around the Cherry wood and Home sentiment. See project photo for suggested placement.
5. With a hobby blade and ruler cut out the banner shape. Tip: thick cardboard can be tricky to cut. Be sure to start with a sharp hobby blade. Cut lightly and slowly with the hobby blade using the ruler as your guide. Repeat the cut deeper and deeper with each pass until you have a clean cut through the cardboard.