Happy Monday! Let’s start off the week with a happy and life affirming message, ‘It’s Your Day to Shine’!
This fun card makes our white glitter card stock shine! Have you tried coloring on glitter card stock? It’s easy to do if you take a careful and light touch approach. Since our glitter card stock does not shed, the glitter stays put.
For this card we used a stamp set and dies from Concord & 9th. The lightbulb was stamped in an archival black ink on our glitter card stock. Then we colored the light bulb using various shade of yellow Copic sketch markers. Next we stamped the greeting inside the lightbulb. We used a basic stamp alignment tool (like a Misti) to stamp the greeting multiple times to for better ink coverage and to get that deep black ink look. The image was then cut using the coordinating lightbulb die and a Big Shot manual die cutter. The card came together quickly from there.
- White glitter card stock (non-shed)– ETC Papers
- Silver metallic card stock
- Yellow and white card stock – ARC Papers
- Stamp set of choice – we used a retired set from Concord & 9th
- Alcohol based makers – we used Copic markers
- Sequins – Studio Calico
- Washi tape
- Library card from Studio Calico
- Archival Ink – We used Ranger Archival Ink
- Die cut machine – We used a Big Shot
- Stamp alignment tool – We used a Misti
TIP: Are you looking for a great ink to use with Alcohol based markers? Check out this quick 5 minute YouTube video that showcases a wide array of black archival inks.