Wintery days are almost over, in the meantime, if you are in need of a little something to brighten your day, here’s a fun project. We added a pop of color to our Rustic Wood Sheets to create today’s sample.
Supplies: Rustic Cherry Wood Sheet, Rustic Birch Wood Sheet, Orange Twine, White Card Stock, Orange Pattern Paper, Yellow Pattern Paper, Bright Blue Pattern Paper, Various Sized Flower Dies, Die Cutting Machine (Sizzix Big Shot was used here), Bright Blue Water-based Marker (or ink pad), ‘Hi’ Sentiment Stamp, 1/4-inch hand punch, 3/4-inch Circle Punch, 3/8-inch Square Punch, Adhesive and Foam Dimensionals.
‘Hi’ Flower Card Instructions:
1. Trim a sheet of white card stock to 8.5×5.5, score at 4.25-inches and fold in half. Card will be oriented landscape.
2. Using bright blue marker ink over the ‘hi’ sentiment stamp. Stamp image in bottom right corner of the front of the card, approximately 1-inch in from the right and bottom edges of the card.
3. Next, with a piece of Rustic Cherry Wood, punch a 3/8-inch square. Trim out leaving approximately 1/8-inch border around the punched square. Peel paper backing and adhere around ‘hi’ stamped sentiment to frame it.
4. Trim a piece of orange twine to approximately 17-inches. Wrap around length of card, align with the top inner edge of the Rustic Cherry Wood frame, and fasten with a bow. Trim any extra twine, if desired.
5. Using flower dies cut from a sheet of Rustic Cherry Wood, cut; 1 medium and 1 small flower. From the orange pattern paper; 1 large flower and one small flower. From the bright blue pattern paper, cut 1 flower. From the yellow pattern paper, cut 1 large flower and 1 medium flower. Set all flowers aside.
6.Using 3/4-inch circle punch, punch 1 circle from a piece of Rustic Birch Wood. Set aside.
7. Using 1/4-inch hand punch, punch 1 small bright blue circle and 1 small Rustic Birch Wood circle. Set aside.
8. Assemble first flowers: Use large orange flower as the base, adhere large yellow pattern paper on top of orange flower, next, adhere medium Rustic Cherry Wood flower on top of yellow flower. Using a foam dimensional adhere 3/4-inch Rustic Birch Wood circle to the center of the flower.
9. Adhere large flower to left edge of card front approximately 1/4-inch from left edge and 1 1/2-inches from the top of the card.
10. Next, take medium yellow pattern paper flower and adhere 1/4-inch Rustic Birch Wood circle to center. Adhere to the right of the large flower, slightly overlapping Rustic Cherry Wood frame and orange twine.
11. Then, take bright blue medium flower and adhere small Rustic Cherry Wood flower to layer. Using foam dimensionals, add the 1/4-inch small bright blue circle for the center of the flower. Adhere flower to the card front, placing it in between the other two flowers.
12. Finish the card off by adhering the small orange flower to the lower left corner of the Rustic Cherry Wood frame.