This week we are excited to show you how we’ve added a little texture and dimension to our Birch Wood paper. Real Wood paper is a versatile paper, you can easily cut, punch, dry emboss, stamp and paint Wood. Pretty much anything you can do with traditional paper you can do with Wood paper!
Wood is available in two finishes with paper backing or adhesive backing. Our paper backed Wood is nice to write on, making it a great option for creating notecards in minutes. You can quickly add embossed and debossed dimension to wood with embossing folders. Your options for creating stunning projects with Wood are endless!
Supplies for real Wood mini notecards and envelopes: Birch wood paper, mini envelope die from Stephanie Barnard Stamps of Life, embossing folders from Cricut, BigShot die-cutter, sanding blocks and adhesive.
Instructions for Wood mini envelopes:
2. Emboss the cut real wood Envelopes using an embossing folder and a BigShot die-cutter.
3. Carefully fold the Wood envelopes. Assemble envelopes. Adhere.
4. Wood folds great with the grain. Against the grain may require a little sanding. Using a sanding block, lightly sand edges to remove any splintered wood (if needed).
Experiment with adding extra texture and dimension to Wood. You’ll be impressed with the results!
Butterflies are making an appearance this spring, dancing around our woods. The project this week is inspired by spring butterflies and Rustic Birch Wood. This simple project came together in minutes with just a few basic supplies. If you have a shape punch and some wood you can recreate an art piece like ours.
Supplies for tiled Butterfly art piece: Rustic Birch wood, Butterfly punch, 12×12 canvas or surface and foam adhesive.
Instructions for tiled Butterfly art piece:
1. Punch out 30 butterflies from a sheet of Rustic Birch wood.
2. Arrange the punched butterflies in 6 rows of 5 onto a 12×12 canvas or surface. Use a ruler if needed to line up the butterflies and space evenly.
3. Adhere each butterfly to the surface using foam adhesive.
Rustic Birch wood is versatile and great to use in your paper crafting too. These two cards use Rustic Birch labels as the foundation embellishments. ARC label sheets are available in Rustic Birch, Rustic Cherry, Birch, Cherry and ChalkTalk.
We love our moms and are excited to celebrate all the mothers in our lives this coming Sunday.
We love the look of wood layered on wood and also how great our Wood paper holds cut details from an e-cutter. This card marries those two loves and we hope expresses to mom how much we LOVE HER! Happy Mother’s Day.
Instructions for Happy Mother’s Day Card:
1. Cut out white card base to 8.5″ x 5.5″.
2. Print Happy Mother’s Day sentiment in light brown ink onto a sheet of Cherry Wood adhesive backed paper. Cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″ and adhere to card front.
3. Cut flower file onto a sheet of Cherry Wood paper.
4. Arrange detailed cut piece of Cherry Wood paper onto assembled card, making note to not overlap the printed sentiment. Adhere with foam adhesive.
We loved this look so much we created a similar Thank You card using the same steps. These cards have a clean and sophisticated look and are sure to impress. Thank you for stopping by our blog.
Need more mother’s day gifting inspiration? You may recall the Mother’s Day card and gift we created last year. It was a big hit and continues to be a popular pin on Project Pinterest board. Instructions found here.
Another year another National Scrapbooking day … scrapbookers rejoice! Have you tried our Wood in your scrapbooks yet? We’ve been playing around with pocket scrapbooking and created these pocket cards out of our Rustic Cherry wood and Cherry Wood tape. Simply cut any Wood paper to 3″x4″, add embellishments and you are ready to place these in your albums. And you can cover an album like we did for a matching look.
Want a chance to win some Wood for your next project? Simply hashtag your project #realwoodscrapbook on Facebook or Instagram. We will search that hashtag and randomly draw from all the entries by end of day Sunday May 3. Enjoy your memory keeping day and you could be a lucky winner! The winner will be announced on our blog.