This Sunday is Mother’s Day. We sure LOVE all the mother’s in our lives. It’s not too late to create a handmade gift from the heart. We are here to inspire you with a few heartfelt goodies from projects past. Happy Mother’s Day!
Make your Mother’s Day memorable with a stunning handmade card. Give her a card made from the heart that is as stylish and classy as she is. We created this handmade card using our Real Cherry Wood paper as a canvas. Real Wood paper makes a beautiful base for any project.
Are you familiar with Heartfelt Creations? We love how elegant and elaborate the stamps that Heartfelt Creations produce. They are truly gorgeous products. We used the All Glammed Up Shoe stamp to create the primary image for our card. The shoe image has been stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder. We colored and then embellished with handmade paper flowers, glitter and Prills.
Heartfelt Creations often offers classes at craft shows across the country on how to use their products, offering great cardmaking tips and inspiration. Take a minute to check them out if you are not familiar. Please note that we are not affiliated with Heartfelt Creations but love their products and wanted to share this beautiful card.
Enjoy and happy paper crafting.
A handmade, handcrafted card can pull at the heartstrings. We think DIY gifts are the best. Classy DIY gifts for Mom are even better! We created this Mother’s Day card and printed it on Birch wood paper. We gathered and planted a few succulents in a cute pot and hung a matching tag from Birch wood paper. We are so pleased with our gifts and are excited to share them with you. Together, these gifts will help us recognize Mom this year. Happy Mother’s day.
1. Design a Mother’s day card and tag in your favorite design software.
3. Cut out the card. Our flat card measures 11″ x 4.25″ and 5.5″ x 4.25″ when folded. Tip: when printing your card be aware of the grain direction of the wood paper. Always fold WITH the grain to avoid cracking.
4. Die cut the hang tags using the smallest shape from the Darice Curved Rectangle dies and a Big Shot die cut machine.
5. Punch a hole and tie a piece of linen thread onto the tag. Hang the tag from planted pot or gift.
We love our moms and are excited to celebrate all the mothers in our lives this coming Sunday.
We love the look of wood layered on wood and also how great our Wood paper holds cut details from an e-cutter. This card marries those two loves and we hope expresses to mom how much we LOVE HER! Happy Mother’s Day.
Instructions for Happy Mother’s Day Card:
1. Cut out white card base to 8.5″ x 5.5″.
2. Print Happy Mother’s Day sentiment in light brown ink onto a sheet of Cherry Wood adhesive backed paper. Cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″ and adhere to card front.
3. Cut flower file onto a sheet of Cherry Wood paper.
4. Arrange detailed cut piece of Cherry Wood paper onto assembled card, making note to not overlap the printed sentiment. Adhere with foam adhesive.
We loved this look so much we created a similar Thank You card using the same steps. These cards have a clean and sophisticated look and are sure to impress. Thank you for stopping by our blog.
Need more mother’s day gifting inspiration? You may recall the Mother’s Day card and gift we created last year. It was a big hit and continues to be a popular pin on Project Pinterest board. Instructions found here.
We love using the Silhouette with wood sheets, they are the perfect pair! We used various wood sheets and the Silhouette Cameo to easily create most of our Mother’s day ensemble. Treat your mom to a handmade gift or card that looks elaborate but really is quite simple to create.
‘Mother’s Day Floral Wood Cut’ Card Instructions:
2. Cut a piece of rose card stock to 4-7/8″ x 10-3/4″. Score and fold in half. Corner round your card edges to match the cut card shape.
3. Layer your image cut 12″ x 12″ sheet of paper backed Cherry wood onto the cut piece of rose card stock using foam dimensionals and adhesive.
Supplies for the ‘Rustic Birch’ Vase: Rustic White Birch roll and inexpensive smooth glass cylinder vase.
‘Rustic White Birch’ Vase Instructions:
1. Cut a the width and length of your Rustic White Birch roll to the height and diameter of your vase. Our vase is 8 -1/2″ high and used 11-1/4″ inches of length to wrap.
2. Remove the paper liner from the adhesive backed Rustic White Birch roll. Wrap around your vase, starting from the edge and work your way around the vase. Flatten and smooth the Rustic White Birch roll as you go, slightly overlapping as the ends meet. Our Rustic White Birch rolls are adhesive backed which make applying a wood veneer to smooth surfaces super easy.
This vase would be beautiful without any additional embellishment. However, we just couldn’t stop and added a stamped and colored tag for personalization. We used more of our Cherry wood to coordinate with our card.
Happy Mother’s Day!