We love using the Silhouette with wood sheets, they are the perfect pair! We used various wood sheets and the Silhouette Cameo to easily create most of our Mother’s day ensemble. Treat your mom to a handmade gift or card that looks elaborate but really is quite simple to create.
Supplies for the ‘Mother’s Day Floral Wood Cut’ Card: Cherry wood sheet, rose card stock, Mother’s Day floral card from Silhouette, Silhouette cutting machine, foam dimensionals, and adhesive.
‘Mother’s Day Floral Wood Cut’ Card Instructions:
1. Using your Silhouette, cut the Mother’s Day Floral card onto a 12″ x 12″ sheet of paper backed Cherry wood. Cut the card shape as is, do not scale or alter.
2. Cut a piece of rose card stock to 4-7/8″ x 10-3/4″. Score and fold in half. Corner round your card edges to match the cut card shape.
3. Layer your image cut 12″ x 12″ sheet of paper backed Cherry wood onto the cut piece of rose card stock using foam dimensionals and adhesive.
Supplies for the ‘Rustic Birch’ Vase: Rustic White Birch roll and inexpensive smooth glass cylinder vase.
‘Rustic White Birch’ Vase Instructions:
1. Cut a the width and length of your Rustic White Birch roll to the height and diameter of your vase. Our vase is 8 -1/2″ high and used 11-1/4″ inches of length to wrap.
2. Remove the paper liner from the adhesive backed Rustic White Birch roll. Wrap around your vase, starting from the edge and work your way around the vase. Flatten and smooth the Rustic White Birch roll as you go, slightly overlapping as the ends meet. Our Rustic White Birch rolls are adhesive backed which make applying a wood veneer to smooth surfaces super easy.
This vase would be beautiful without any additional embellishment. However, we just couldn’t stop and added a stamped and colored tag for personalization. We used more of our Cherry wood to coordinate with our card.
Fill the vase will fresh flowers or fill with paper flowers like we did. Follow the Silhouette tutorial here on how to create these fabulous paper tulips.
Happy Mother’s Day!