This Sunday is Mother’s Day. We sure LOVE all the mother’s in our lives. It’s not too late to create a handmade gift from the heart. We are here to inspire you with a few heartfelt goodies from projects past. Happy Mother’s Day!
Tagging those holiday gifts has never been easier. Make a statement with our beautiful Real Wood tags. Or create a design of your own using our Real Wood paper. Real Wood paper is easy to cut, punch and print on. We create the above Merry Christmas Tag design and printed multiples on Real Cherry Wood paper. After printing a full sheet of 12 we punched out each tag with a shape punch, added a red berry and a little hemp twine. These tags will really help us dress up our gifts. Happy wrapping.
Wood Tags – Cherry or Birch
Pack of 10
Real wood tags measuring 3.5×2. Put your own flair on it by stamping, painting, embossing, etc. Great for gifts or giveaways
Yum, Yum! We are excited to introduce a sweet new kit. Introducing our Cupcake Topper kit! This easy to assemble kit includes the supplies to create a dozen toppers for your favorite cupcakes! Perfect for the holidays coming up. What a fun way to dress them up!
Cupcake Topper Kit
Spruce up your cupcakes with our fun cupcake toppers in real wood! 6 ‘Sweet’ and 6 ‘Yum’ Cherry wood toppers. Kit includes toppers, food safe tooth picks & instruction sheet.
We hope you are having a restful and thankful day full of great food and family. Real Wood paper has helped us to create and make our Thanksgivings memorable, year after year! We hope you enjoy these Real Wood projects of Thanksgivings past. Click here to see the Fall Frame featured above. Check out our Facebook page to see some tips and tricks!
Leaf napkin decor made from Real Cherry Wood paper.
Hanging feather decor made from Real Birch and Cherry Wood papers.
We had a great trip to New York City for this year’s National Stationery Show. We made new friends and reconnected with many of you. It was great to see everyone. If you were exhibiting, we hope you had a wonder show!
We walked to show floor each day and were super excited to see wood paper used on so many cool products and in various ways. Below is a small sampling of the cool wood stationery products found. Thank you to JRC Industries for showcasing our Wood envelopes! Until next year.
Blossoms abound! Here on the East Coast our trees are finally starting to pop and bloom. Everything is so pretty, so much so, that we were inspired to create a blooming Cherry Wood blossom card. This Spring Tree card template is a wonderful choice to honor spring. You can find this template on the Silhouette Design Store, our #1 go to place for great cut files that work amazingly with our wood paper!!!
This card assembled is just under 5″ x 5″ and fits perfectly inside a matching 5″ x 5″ Cherry Wood envelope.
Instructions to create card:
2. Cut the tree card base and flowers from the Spring Tree card template onto a sheet of 12″ x 12″ card stock using a Silhouette cutter.
3. Remove the adhesive liner and adhere the Cherry Wood Tree front onto the gate fold flaps of the card base.
4. Score, fold and assemble card. Add mini adhesive pearls to the flower centers on the card front.
5. Use a ribbon to tie the gate fold shut after you have written your message.
6. Insert assembled card in a matching 5″ x 5″ Cherry Wood envelope. Wood envelopes mail exactly like a traditional envelope (extra postage required for square envelopes). Standard postage rates apply.
I love to bring the color of spring indoors. Our local nursery had daffodils that were in bloom and a little past outdoor planting, for a steal. I purchased a few to create a spring centerpiece. The nursery pots are not the most attractive, so I dressed up the plastic pots with a little white tissue paper and Cherry Wood tape. Darling daffodils!
After the blooms retire I plan to plant them outside for blooms next year! Gotta love decor that keeps on giving.
Supplies for Cherry Wood tape Daffodil Skirts: Roll of Cherry Wood tape, white tissue paper, scissors and 4″ daffodil potted plants.
These are so easy to create. Measurements are for a 4″ pot.
1. Measure the diameter of the top of the pot. The diameter of our 4″ pots is 12″.
2. Cut Cherry wood tape to 12.5″. Note: add a 1/2″ to the diameter for a little overlap.
3. Cut a piece of tissue paper to 6″ x 24″. Fold in half lengthwise, 3″ x 24″.
4. Remove the adhesive liner from the back of the tape. Slowly adhere the folded end of the tissue paper to the bottom 1/4″ of the tape. Carefully fold and gather as you go.
5. Cut off any excess tissue paper and adhere the tape to the lip of the pot. The 1/2 inch of extra wood tape should allow for a little overlap.
6. Trim the bottom of the tissue paper skirt if needed.
Add a sweet extra touch to your next party or wedding with these darling wood paper cupcake toppers. These fun word designs look great used as cupcake toppers but would also add a touch of fun to paper straws and cocktail stirrers. Cut these designs at home with a Silhouette cutter on your favorite wood paper, Birch or Cherry! Download the FREE word art below.
Note: to make this downloadable PDF file a cut file you will need to remove the fill color from the words and then export as a DXF file before importing the file into your Silhouette software. Enjoy!
Make your own bird’s nest. This week we are sharing an idea inspired by and borrowed from nature … a Woodland Nest!
We make so many wood paper projects around here and we always keep our scraps … just in case we might need them. Do you need projects for those pieces of scraps laying around? We have just the project. Our Woodsy nest is made from bits and pieces of wood paper, scrap papers and various tidbits of what we had laying around. Scavenge just like a bird would and put the found and discarded materials to good use. This crafty idea is simple to make and essentially free!
Our nest came together quickly by wrapping and gluing each scrap piece together in the shape of a bowl. We kept adding and shaping scrap pieces of Wood paper until we achieved the look we wanted. Once your nest is complete, uses are endless. We brainstormed a few ideas and uses for handmade bird nests:
- Table centerpieces.
- Place holders for name cards.
- Add a few baby succulents and plant them in a nest, what a fun hostess gift!
- Make a larger nest and use as a wedding card holder or advice holder.
- Use nests as decor for bridal showers or part of your home decor. We think nests look fabulous with a shabby chic look.
- Hang from a door or handle.
- Create decorative tree ornaments.
- Add to a floral arrangement.
- Use as Spring/Easter decorations.
- Add to a cloche display or on a candlestick under a cloche display.
Happy Winter! Brrr… In honor of winter, here are few cards showcasing Wood. We are lucky enough to be enjoying warmer weather as we are exhibiting at the Craft and Hobby Mega Show 2016 (#CHA2016) show January 9th-12th, 2016 at the Anaheim Convention Center, California. Stop by our BOOTH #2342 if you happen to be near the 2016 Craft and Hobby Show. You can see our Wood paper, these winter cards and more craft inspiration in person!
Instructions for You are Amazing Card:
- Cut red card stock to 8.5″ x 11″.
- Score and fold red card stock in half at 4.25″ x 5.5″ for card base.
- Cut a sheet of Cherry Wood paper to 4″ x 5.25″.
- Mount Cherry Wood paper to red card front.
- Adhere canvas embellishment to card front. See example for placement.
- Die cut 6 branch pieces using Take a Bough dies in Cherry Wood paper.
- Arrange the 6 branch pieces of Cherry Wood into a snowflake pattern.
- Adhere apoxy embellishment into center of Cherry Wood snowflake.
- Adhere assembled Cherry Wood snowflake embellishment to card front. See example for placement.