No products in the cart.
Happy holidays and good tidings from ETC Papers! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have exciting plans for the New Year.
We are wrapping up our holiday projects with an altered book featuring all of the various Real Wood finishes we offer. Altered books are a labor of love and are a great way to experiment, use up supplies, try new products and techniques. We are using our altered book as a place to document our holiday happenings and to keep all of our holiday greeting cards and other holiday memorabilia. Check out the many pictures below featuring Cherry, Birch, Rustic Cherry and Rustic Birch Wood papers and tapes.
Supplies for our ‘Good Tidings’ Altered book: Cherry wood paper, Birch wood paper, Rustic Cherry wood paper, Rustic Birch wood paper, Cherry wood tape, Birch wood tape, an old Reader’s Digest book, holiday patterned papers, glitter, a variety of ribbons, tulle, brads, gold glitter paper, various shape and border punches, tab punch, holiday embellishments, holiday buttons, holiday rub-ons, baker’s twine, tags, holiday pictures and memorabilia, holiday cut files, Silhouette Cameo, adhesive and scissors.
A few tips for creating an altered book:
1. Find an older book that you don’t care about tearing apart and altering.
2. Remove pages throughout the book to allow for layers and pages with thicker elements. Tear or cut out chunks of pages next to the spine following pages with thicker embellishments.
3. Adhere multiple pages together to create thicker pages to better mount the various embellishments.
4. Add photos and personal memorabilia throughout.
5. Add some sort of closure to keep your book from popping open. We tie our book closed with baker’s twine.