We found this amazing tutorial on how to create a paper ball garland. When we saw the woven paper balls that created the garland we were inspired to try this technique using our real wood tape to create ornaments for our Christmas tree.
Supplies for Birch Tape ornament: Birch wood tape, Cherry paper, Tag punch, Felt poinsettia embellishment, red baker’s twine, adhesive, and white sweater trim.
Instructions for Birch Tape ornament:
1. Weave your tape ball. Follow the easy tutorial found here.
2. Punch out a tag shape from Cherry Wood paper using a tag punch.
3. Adhere a felt poinsettia embellishment to the Cherry Wood paper tag.
4. Tie Cherry Wood tag to woven ornament ball using red baker’s twine.
5. Hang your ornament with a 5″ piece of white sweater trim.