We got to catch up with many family and friends in December but there were a few people we missed seeing. This card is perfect for letting them know how special they are. While we couldn’t be together in person we plan to let them know we care with this unique card. Here’s how we created it.
- Paint a unique pattern on a sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ EVO Synthetic Papers using Pinata Teal and Sapphire Blue alcohol inks. Let dry.
- Stamp a tree image onto the dry EVO Synthetic Paper pattern. We used Matte Black Alcohol Ink Stayz in Place ink pad.
- Let ink dry incompletely. Once dry this ink stays in place and will not smear. It’s a dream.
- Once ink is dry stamp a greeting below the trees. We’ve stamped MISSING YOU using Matte Black Alcohol Ink Stayz in Place inkpad.
- Trim finished image to 3.5″ x 4.5″.
- Cut a sheet of black cardstock to 4.25″ x 5.5″. We used Colorplan Ebony cardstock. Score and fold in half.
- Center and adhere finished image to the folded card front. Tip: use a white gel pen to write your message on the interior of the card or simply add a 4 x 5.25 piece of text weight white paper to the card interior.
Tip: We took a fine point paint brush and little Isoproyl Alcohol and moved the green and blue ink around inside the stamped tree image. One of the great things about EVO Synthetic paper is you can return to work on the alcohol paint after it’s dry. It can be reactivated with a little Isoproyl Alcohol.