Making and receiving a handmade card can be so fun and rewarding. We have heard that it can be intimidating or overwhelming to create a card from scratch. We are here to tell you it doesn’t have to be hard or complicated to make a stunning card. And, it doesn’t have to take a lot of time.
This ‘SO VERY THANKFUL’ card came together quickly and easily and we’d love to share how. All you need are 10 minutes and the few simple supplies listed below.
Glitter Paper: Dark Blue, Light Blue – ETC papers
Cardstock: Colorplan Azure & Ebony 8.5×11 Cardstock
Sticker: Sentiment stickers from Studio Calico
Tool: 1″ Circle Punch, Scissors
Adhesive: Foam tape and double-sided tape
- Cut a sheet of Colorplan Azure cardstock to 10″ x 5″. Score and fold in half.
- Punch out 8 circles using Dark Blue glitter paper using the 1″ circle punch.
- Punch out 8 circles using Light Blue glitter paper using the 1″ circle punch.
- Arrange the glitter circles onto the card front alternating colors to create a checkerboard pattern.
- Adhere each circle one by one to the card front using foam tape.
- Take a sentiment sticker (any sticker with a sentiment will do, you can repurpose a sentiment from an old card) and mount that sticker to a small piece of 1″ x 3″ Ebony cardstock. Cut down to size and flag each end. Mount to card front. See card for placement suggestion.
Happy card making!
Colorplan Cardstock and Glitter cardstock are available on our online store.