School is almost out for our kids. I know many kids who have been out of school for weeks but our last day is just a few days away. Hooray for the end of the school year! We are so grateful for the wonderful teachers who work so hard to teach and enrich our kids. End of the year gifts are the perfect way to say thank you! It’s a nice way to end the year, tied up nicely like a big fat bow.
We packed up some goodies in cellophane and all our gift needed was a tag. We starting to think about what we would write and decided a card was needed instead. AHA! We made a card and tag all-in-one. We created a stunning Cherry Wood Paper bow to help dress up our gift and are thrilled with the result.
Supplies for Cherry Wood Bow Card: Cherry Wood Paper, Fine & Dandy Bow die, Big Shot, red card stock, white card stock, baker’s twine, Thank You Stamp, black stamp ink, pattern paper and adhesive.
Instructions to create a Bow Card / Tag:
1. Cut white card stock to 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold in half.
2. Cut red card stock to 4″ x 5-1/4″. Center and adhere to white card front.
3. Cut pattern paper to 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp Thank You in black ink on the top portion of pattern paper. See photo for placement suggestion. Center and adhere to card front.
4. Create bow. We lined the back side of the Cherry Wood paper with a piece of red paper before cutting out. There are so many ways to create bows. We used the Fine & Dandy Bow die by Dear Lizzy to cut out and create our wood bow. Simply die cut the shape in wood paper and assemble per the die instructions.
5. Adhere wood bow to card front.
6. Loop baker’s twine through card fold and tie onto gift package.
Note: There are many bow die options out there. Here are a few available from Simon Says Stamp. If you have an e-cutter, here is a bow shape available through Silhouette. You can also hand cut similar shapes to create a bow. Wood paper is PAPER, and can be used in all of the ways traditional paper is used!