We want to wish you the Happiest of Holidays! It’s been a glorious year and we have much to be happy about. Check out our fun Holiday card using Cherry Wood. We handmade all of our cards this year and each card includes a Cherry Wood tree ornament. Cards that have multiple uses are so fun. You can remove the ornament from this card and use it immediately, or dress it up with some festive embellishments and hang on your tree. We even made a few ornaments 3D by combining two trees on their axis.
Merry Christmas from your friends at ETC Papers!
Supplies for Wood Tree ornament: Cherry Wood paper, Birch Wood paper, tree shape, electronic cutter, hole punch and baker’s twine.
1. Back a sheet of Cherry Wood paper with a sheet of Birch Wood paper. We wanted our ornament to have a different wood finish on each side.
2. Cut the tree shape into the sheet of Wood using an electronic cutter. Because the wood is doubled up you may need to test various cut settings. We used the deepest cut (9) on the slowest speed (1), using a Silhouette Cameo.
3. Punch a hole at the top of the tree.
4. Thread baker’s twine or string through the hole at the top of the tree.
5. Hang tree ornament as is or embellish further. See examples.
We love this 3D version of the tree ornament and are now inspired to create a mini forest to add to our holiday decor.