We had so much fun this April showing you how well Wood and ClearSnap products partner. Thank you ClearSnap!
This week we’ve created a home decor art piece that would make a great gift for Mom using Wood and Smooch Spritz. Spritzing wood is a great way to add subtle or bold color. We played around and tested spritzing and painted directly onto Wood for different effects.
Supplies for the ‘LOVE YOU’ Home Decor: Birch Wood Sheets, Cherry Wood Sheet, Smooch Spritz (various colors), Hexacomb board, e-cutter, love you cut file, scissors and foam adhesive.
Instructions for creating the ‘LOVE YOU’ Home Decor:
1. Typeset LOVE YOU word art and cut onto a 12″x12″ piece of Birch Wood using an e-cutter.
2. Mount the cut Birch Wood piece onto a sheet of Cherry Wood, allowing the Cherry Wood color to show through the cut words.
3. Mount assembled BARC Wood piece onto a sheet of 12″x12″ Hexacomb board. Trim edges as needed.
4. Spray Smooch Spritz onto a sheet of Birch Wood. Try a variety of colors and density to achieve the desired look. Note: for our ‘LOVE YOU’ project we used a combination of Cosmic Pink and Tea Party Smooch Spritz. See below.
We painted using Magestic Smooch Spritz but ultimately decided on the softer look of the spray version.
5. Cut out a heart from the Spritzed Birch Wood.
6. Mount the heart onto the ‘LOVE YOU’ home decor piece using foam adhesive.
We loved how ClearSnap artist Dana Tatar also used Colorbox Spritzers to add color to Real Wood Tape on this spring terra-cotta pot. Check out the ClearSnap blog for a tutorial on how to create the terra-cotta pot project.