It’s graduation season around here and we are sending out bunches of graduation congratulations cards. A handmade card and some cash is a great way to send off graduates into the next chapter of life.
We created this pretty floral card using Copic Markers and our EVO Synthetic paper for a friends daughter. The Hydrangea background looks complicated but it came together quickly and easily. Here are a few tips that might help you recreate this look.
- Choose three coordinating colors of alcohol ink markers. We used COPIC Tender Pink, Raspberry and Viola.
- Randomly draw in various sizes of circles using all three markers. Vary the sizes of the circle and the spacing.
- Fill a small spray bottle with Isopropyl alcohol. Mist each circle individually from varying distances. Be sure to mask of areas you don’t want to “over” mist.
- Let dry and mist certain areas again if needed.
- Use the background to create the foundation of your card. This card also features our White and Lilac Glitter cardstock.
- Stamp a sentiment and flowers to adorn the background. The stamp set we used is called ‘Type Talk’ from Concord & 9th.
EVO Synthetic Paper is available in our online store. Use code EVO -5-21 to get 15% off a first time purchase of EVO.