Happy Valentine’s Day! We hope your day is filled with love, appreciation and maybe some chocolate. We appreciate you!
Shaker cards are so fun to make and fun to receive. Cards like these are not hard to make. We created this shaker card using our Magenta non-shed Glitter Cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Magenta Glitter cardstock to 3.5″ x 3.5″.
- Flip over and draw a heart on the backside. Use a heart guide if needed.
- Cut out the glitter heart using an x-acto knife or hobby blade. You will have a positive and negative heart shape. Set positive heart shape aside for a future project.
- On the backside of the negative heart shape, adhere a piece of clear plastic. You can use plastic from recycled packaging or use acetate.
- Add foam tape on top of plastic sheet around the perimeter of the heart.
- Add sequins… fill in the interior of the heart with sequins, beads or small pieces of punched paper.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock 3.25″ x 3.25″.
- Adhere cut cardstock to the back of the sequin filled heart (onto the foam adhesive) sandwiching sequins in between.
- Flip over and shake the heart, making sure no sequins fall out.
- Now you can use the heart to finish a card.
- Mount the shaker heart to a piece of 4″x 4″ pink cardstock.
- Cut a card base 10″ x 5″. Score and fold in half.
- Mount heart to card front.
Paper supplies used to create this card are available in our store. Order Glitter or Colorplan cardstock today!