Saturday October 2nd was world cardmaking day. Here is a great site with some more information about WCMD. We love making cards and we took the opportunity to craft a card using a few of our favorite specialty papers.
Supplies for Autumn Days card:
- Smoke Colorplan Cardstock
- Yellow Shimmer Vellum
- Pale Green Glitter Cardstock
- Gold Glitter Cardstock
- Fall precut die cuts (pumpkin, sentiments)
- Wood printed pattern paper
- scoring tool
- Create card base using Smoke Colorplan cardstock. Cut to 5.5″ x 8.5″. Score and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of wood printed pattern paper to 4″ x 4″. Mount to card base slightly askew. Trim excess paper to align with edge of card. See card for placement.
- Cut pieces of Pale Green and Gold Glitter cardstock to 1″ x 3″. Flag the ends of the card stock to create a “ribbon” look. Arrange and adhere to wood printed pattern paper. See card for placement.
- Cut of piece of yellow Shimmer Vellum to 1.5″ x 7″. Score paper every .25″ and cover entire piece. Accordion fold the shimmer vellum (fold back and forth) to create a skirt. Tack down to card front on each end. See card for placement.
- Arrange sentiment on top of Shimmer Vellum.
- Arrange pumpkins and other sentiments to card front to create a cluster scene.
We hope you enjoyed this simple card and are inspired to craft a version for yourself.