We find it so rewarding to make something by hand. This week we are sharing two DIY notebooks created with Birch Wood paper.
Have you heard of the Cinch Machine? It’s a great little binding system that allows you to bind together papers to create a spiral notebook. You can purchase a Cinch Machine at your local craft store. We found our Cinch machine at JoAnn’s. We love finding products that work well with ours. Did you know you can also purchase our Birch Wood paper at JoAnn’s? It’s 40% off right now (online only).
You can make notebooks of varying sizes with the Cinch machine. The tool will punch easily through our wood paper. We made small (3×5) pocketbook sized notebooks. It was super simple.
First decide how many pages and what materials you want in your notebook. Our notebook uses Birch wood paper for the back and front cover. We used a heavy-weight copy paper for the inside.
1. Determine a measurement for your front and back cover and then cut. Our Birch wood paper cover is 3″ x 5″.
2. Determine the number of inside sheets and cut these down a quarter inch smaller. Our copy paper sheets are 2.75″ x 4.75″.
You are now ready to assemble. Bind your notebook in three easy steps:
1. Punch holes on notebook spine. The Cinch machine allows you to punch the perfect holes without measuring.
2. Thread cover, inside sheets and back cover onto spiral wire.
3. Cinch spiral wire closed.
Your notebook is now ready for use. Thanks for stopping by.