Love to use wood embellishments on your crafty projects? Create your own custom Wood embellishments in any shape, size or color. We created this Wood smile embellishment for a card and tag using the Smile die from Simon Says Stamp. Our Wood sheets cut so cleanly using wafer dies. Want to add a little color to Wood? You can stain, paint, tint or mist Wood with a variety of inks and paints.
Supplies for Wood Smile card and tag: Birch Wood adhesive backed paper, purple cardstock, purple stamp ink, ink dauber, Smile die, medium dot line die, tag die, manual die cut machine, canvas twine, foam adhesive and scissors.
Instructions for creating the Wood Smile Card:
1. Cut purple cardstock to 8.5″ x 5.5″. Score and fold in half for card base.
2. Cut a piece of Birch wood adhesive backed paper to 4″ x 5.25″. Remove adhesive liner and center mount the Birch Wood to card front.
3. Cut a piece of Birch wood adhesive backed paper to 4″ x 1″. Run through a manual die cut system with a medium dot line die.
4. Mount medium dot line Wood piece to a piece of 4″ x .75″ purple cardstock. Mount assembled dot embellishment to card front using foam adhesive. See sample for placement.
5. Apply purple ink color to a piece of 3″ x 4″ Birch Wood using an ink dauber and purple stamp ink.
6. Cut out a large heart (roughly 2″x3″) from purple stained Birch Wood. Center the Smile die in the middle of the purple heart and run through a manual die cut system. Set heart aside for tag project.
7. Adhere purple Smile embellishment to card front. See sample for placement.
Instructions for creating the Birch Wood Smile Tag:
1. Mount a 3″ x 4″ piece of Birch Wood to a 3″ x 4″ piece of purple cardstock.
2. Apply purple stained heart from previous project onto the 3″ x 4″ piece of purple backed Birch Wood.
3. Die cut a tag shape from the 3″ x 4″ piece of purple backed Birch Wood.
4. Cut Birch Wood with the Smile die through a manual die cut system.
5. Center Birch Wood Smile embellishment piece in center circle of purple stained Birch Wood heart and adhere. Note: This gives the look of inlay wood which we think is a really cool look.
6. Tie canvas twine through tag hole.