We have been so inspired with all of the projects that have been created using Real wood. We hope you enjoyed our summer projects yesterday using the Some Odd Girl Beach Mae clear stamp set. We loved the combination of Beach Mae and the Birch Wood so much that we’ve created another project, a fun summer card, with the pairing.
Today’s ARC card features Birch Wood, Summer Cards cut files, the ‘Mae’ and the ‘Hello Summer’ phrase from the Beach Mae clear stamp set. Be sure to hop on over to the Some Odd Girl Blog to see their great projects using real wood. All of the SOG products featured throughout the week can be purchased from the SOG shop.
Supplies for the ‘Sunny Beach Mae’ Card: Birch Wood Sheet, Summer Cards cut files, Beach Mae clear stamp set, electronic cutter, light blue card stock, white card stock, textured or embossed white card stock, red card stock, rhinestones, cloud patterned paper, blending markers (shades of yellow, red, blue and skin tones), black ink pad (alcohol ink recommended), red ink pad, small flower punch, scissors, adhesive and foam dimensional adhesive.
1. Cut a piece of light blue card stock to 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold in half for your card base (4-1/4″x 5-1/2″).
3. Stamp the ‘hello summer’ phrase from the Beach Mae clear stamp set in red ink on white card stock. Cut into a flag shape and adhere to 2″ x 3″ piece of embossed white card stock. Trim embossed white card stock to match flag shape you created. See example for size suggestion and placement. Mount to bottom right of card.
4. In black ink stamp the ‘Mae’ from the Beach Mae clear stamp set onto white card stock. Color with blending markers. Cut out and adhere with foam dimensionals to the left side of the ‘Hello Summer Flag’ and on top of Birch Wood sun rays.
5. Punch two small flowers out of red card stock. Layer and add a rhinestone to flower center. Adhere to sunhat on ‘Mae’.
6. Cut out two cloud shapes from patterned paper. Adhere to card on top of Birch Wood sun rays.
Win awesome products!
Keep visiting our site all week, and check out the Some Odd Girl blog, and you’ll see what we’ve all done to showcase our products together. Leave comments and tell us what you think, and we’ll have announcements to make next week! One lucky commenter will win $20 to spend at the Some Odd Girl store, and two other commenters will each win an awesome ETC Papers prize pack, consisting of one 12″x24″ adhesive roll and one roll of wood tape (both winner’s choice!) so keep watching, share your thoughts, and have a great week!