No need to break out the power tools to make an impression on your dad this year. Create a handmade card just for him using Wood. We used punched hexagon pieces of Cherry Wood to create a honeycomb design. Cherry Wood adds a nice masculine touch to this handmade card.
Supplies for the ‘Happy Father’s Day’ Card: Cherry Wood Sheet, vanilla card stock, hexagon punch, Happy Father’s Day Stamp, Map Background stamp, Brown ink, Tan ink, Linen Thread, Brown chalk mist, scissors, and foam dimensional adhesive.
‘Happy Father’s Day’ Card Instructions:
1. Cut a piece of vanilla card stock to 4-1/4″ x 11″. Fold in half for your card base.
2. Ink your Map background stamp in tan ink and stamp on the front of the vanilla card base.
3. Punch out 5 hexagon shapes of Cherry Wood using a hexagon punch.
4. Arrange a pleasing honeycomb pattern on the front of the card. See photo example of the honeycomb pattern we created. Adhere each hexagon piece of Cherry Wood to card front using a foam dimensional.
5. Stamp the ‘Happy Father’s Day’ message in brown ink onto a piece of vanilla card stock. Trim around message to create a flag banner shape. Rub edges of flag banner in brown ink to create a subtle outline. Adhere to card using a foam dimensional. See card example for approximate placement.
6. Tie a piece of linen thread around card arranging the bow next to the ‘Happy Father’s Day’ message.
7. Using brown chalk mist, spritz your assembled card for more texture. Tip: we held the mister about 18″ away from our card to add a light spray of brown ink. The closer the spray nozzle is to your project the more ink that will appear. You may want to test your spray onto a piece of scrap paper before you try it on your assembled card. Note that spray ink may bleed into the grain of the Cherry Wood.