The wood grain on our Wood sheets is a showstopper and often times steals the show. We wanted to highlight the gorgeous grain from our Cherry Wood with this week’s butterfly card project. Every sheet of Wood is unique making every project you use with it one of a kind. Create a stunning card with just a few punches and some Wood today.
Supplies for ‘Butterfly Punch’ Card: Cherry Wood, Birch Wood tape, Light blue card stock, Large and small nesting butterfly punches, small adhesive pearls, sticky foam dimensionals, adhesive, and scissors.
‘Butterfly Punch’ Card Instructions:
1. Cut a piece of Cherry Wood to 5- 1/2″ x 8 – 1/2″. Score and fold in half the cut piece Cherry Wood to create card front and back. Tip: Score and fold wood sheets in the direction of the wood grain to avoid cracking. If some cracking occurs, your can lightly sand to remove and smooth wood folded edge.
2. Punch out three large butterflies directly out of the folded Cherry Wood card front using the large butterfly punch. Tip: first punch the middle butterfly and measure off the middle butterfly the same distance from left to right before you punch out the left and right butterflies.
3. Cut a piece of light blue card stock to 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Line the inside of the card front with this piece of card stock using sticky foam dimensionals.
4. Punch out three small butterflies out of the Birch Wood tape using the small butterfly punch.
5. Remove tape backing from the three small butterflies and adhere inside each large butterfly opening on the Cherry Wood card front.
6. Add three small adhesive pearls to the center of each small Birch Wood tape butterfly.