Gather up all your random Halloween and paper ephemera to create a spooky mixed media banner. We used Rustic Birch Wood paper as our banner base and went a little crazy adding bits and pieces of old games, craft goodies and Halloween items. Anything goes!
Supplies for Real Wood Boo Banner: Rustic Birch Wood paper, Birch Wood paper, Birch Wood ARC Labels, triangle chipboard banner shapes (5), random Halloween ephemera, random old game pieces, tags, twine, Halloween pattern paper, black card stock, black and orange brads, clips, buttons, washi tape, hole punch, scissors, electronic cutter, BOO cut file, hot glue and adhesive.
Instructions for the Real Wood Boo Banner:
Use supplies and items you have on hand to recreate a similar BOO Banner. Nothing is off limits. Have fun and experiment. Start with Rustic Birch Wood paper as your banner base and add items until you like your results.
1. Adhere Rustic Birch Wood paper to the five chipboard banner pieces. Trim Rustic Birch Wood paper as needed.
2. Punch a hole in the top left and right corners of each banner.
3. Typeset a BOO file import into your e-cutter software.
4. Cut out the word BOO onto a sheet of black card stock using an electronic cutter. Cut out the word BOO onto a sheet of Birch Wood paper using an electronic cutter. Adhere the Birch Wood paper BOO to the top of the black card stock BOO.
5. Decorate each banner piece with random Birch Wood ARC Labels, Halloween ephemera, pattern paper, brads, buttons and game pieces. Arrange pieces and adhere in place.
6. Add random tags to separate each banner piece.
7. Attach banner together using twine, brads and hot glue.