Handmade Valentines are a great way to show someone you care. We created these tongue and cheek Wood Valentines using Cherry and Rustic Cherry Wood sheets and the “wood you be mine” pun.
Supplies for ‘Wood You Be Mine’ Valentines: Rustic Cherry 6×12 Adhesive Sheets, Cherry 6×12 Adhesive Sheets, Cherry Wood Tape, scallop notecards and envelopes, electronic die cutter, heart cut file, Valentine rub-on image transfers, flower resin embellishments, white card stock, pink card stock, small heart punch, pearl embellishment, scissors and adhesive.
Instructions for ‘Wood You Be Mine’ Scallop notecard:
1. Using an electronic die cutter and a heart cut file, cut out a large heart from Rustic Cherry Wood Paper.
2. Remove adhesive liner and adhere the Rustic Cherry Wood Paper heart to the front of the scallop circle card.
3. Using scissors or an electronic die cutter, cut a flag shape from Cherry Wood Paper to layer over heart. Remove liner and adhere to heart shape.
4. Transfer a valentine saying or design onto the Cherry Wood Paper flag with a Valentine image transfer or rub-on.
5. Add a Valentine saying. Typeset the phrase “wood you be mine?” and print onto white card stock. Using scissors cut out saying into a hanging flag shape.
6. Adhere “wood you be mine?” phrase to top left corner of the Rustic Cherry Wood Paper heart.
7. Adhere a resin flower embellishment on top of the “wood you be mine?” flag.
8. Duplicate steps 1-8 to create more valentines using different Wood.
Instructions for envelope:
1. Dress up the envelope flap with Cherry Wood Tape and Valentine image transfers. Adhere a 6” strip of Cherry Wood Tape to the envelope flap. Trim off excess edges with scissors.
2. Rub a valentine image from the valentine image transfers onto the piece of Cherry Wood Tape.
3. Punch out a small pink card stock heart using a small heart punch.
4. Adhere a pearl to center of small pink heart.
5. Adhere heart to envelope flap. (Note: if mailing envelope and card through the postal service remove the heart and pearl from envelope flap.)
Add a little more BARC wood to your envelope using our NEW Wood address labels!