Today you are in for a real treat! First, we would like to share some fun guest samples, using our Wood Sheets, created by:
Their cute ‘On the Move Cutting Collection’ tags can be found here. And their sweet ‘Our Home Mini Album’ here. Enjoy!
With today’s 6×6 ‘Smile’ card, you’ll have a chance to flex your creativity muscles! You are going to create your own camera and cloud patterns–freehand. Don’t worry, we will walk you through every step to your success. And remember, your lines don’t have to be exactly like ours, your personal touch will only add to the charm of this card. Are you ready, of course you are! Let’s get started…
Chipboard, Pattern Paper, 1-3/4 inch circle punch, 2-1/2 inch circle punch, ¼-inch corner rounder punch, 1/2-inch corner rounder punch, Mini Alphabet Stamp, Decorative Edge Border Punch, Black Card Stock (12×12), Dimensionals, Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Optional: Cloud electronic cutting artwork file
1. Trim black card stock to 12×6-inches. Score at 6-inches and fold in half creating a 6×6 card base. Card orientation will have the fold as the top of the card.
2. Trim patterned paper to 6×4-1/4 inches.
3. Cut a 1-1/2×6-inch piece of Cherry Wood. Use decorative edge punch on one 6-inch side.
4. Adhere Cherry Wood piece to black card stock base, approximately ½-inch from the bottom edge of the card.
5. Adhere pattern paper on top of the strip of Cherry wood with the decorative punched edge, approximately 1-inch from bottom of card.
6. To create camera piece begin by taking a sheet of White Birch Wood and trimming out a 4-1/2×2-3/4 inch piece to create camera base. Round all four corners using your ½-inch punch. If you don’t have a ½-inch punch feel free to substitute for another size that you do have. Remember, this is your card!
7. Next, cut a 5-inch piece of Cherry Tape. Trim the right edge to a slight angle.
8. Peel off tape backing and wrap around top left corner of 4-1/2×2-3/4 inch piece of White Birch Wood. Placing it approximately ¼-inch from the top and 1-3/4 inch in from the left. Set aside camera base.
9. Punch a piece of Cherry Wood and chipboard with 2-1/2 inch circle punch.
10. Punch a piece of White Birch Wood with 1-3/4 inch circle punch.
11.Optional step: You can trim off 1/16” of the 2-1/2 inch Cherry Wood circle to give one more layer of dimension.
12. Next using dimensionals adhere Cherry Wood circle to the 2-1/2 inch chipboard circle.
13. Using dimensionals adhere White Birch Wood circle to top of Cherry Wood circle.
14.Adhere chipboard and Barc Wood layered circles White Birch camera base piece, center between top and bottom and place approximately 1/4-inch from the right edge.
15. To create the camera flash, cut out a 1-3/8×1-1/8 inch square of Cherry Wood.
6. Using a corner rounder punch, round the two corners on the long edge.
17. On the back (Snow White backing side) of the Cherry Wood piece, place a mark along the bottom at 1/8 inch and 1-1/4 inch.
18. Next draw a line from these two marks up to the edge of the rounded corner to create taper.
19. Next, cut out 1×1/2-inch piece of White Birch and round all four corners using corner rounder punch. Adhere to Cherry Barc flash piece using dimensionals, centering it from left to right and approximately 1/8-inch from the top.
20. Turn the camera base over (Snow White backing side up). Adhere flash piece to the back of the top right corner of camera base, just above the top of the Cherry Barc Tape and approximately 1-inch from right edge.
21. Creating the clouds by taking a piece of Cherry Wood, snow white side up and freehand sketch out three clouds, 1 large (approximately 2-1/4×2-inches), 1 medium (approximately 1×1-inches), 1 small (approximately 1/2×3/4-inches). The sketch can be super rough because you will be using your scissors to smooth out the lines. Cut out each cloud.
22. Take the large cloud and using mini alphabet stamps, stamp the letters ‘s’ ‘m’ ‘i’ ‘l’ ‘e’ ‘:’ ‘ ) ‘
23. Put it all together by adhering the camera to the top of the pattern paper, approximately ¼ inch from the left card edge and slightly overlapping the edge of the Cherry Wood boarder. You can also add a pop by adhering the camera with dimensionals. Place the clouds around the right edge of the card, framing in the camera. Adhere with dimensionals.