Real wood veneer which give these wood products a more rustic and textural look. We wanted a more textural look for our project this week and the Rustic Birch Wood was just the ticket.
Supplies for ‘Rustic Birch Congratulations’ Card: Rustic Birch Wood Adhesive Sheet, textured green card stock, rose card stock, green card stock, white card stock, large adhesive pearl, leaf punch, three various sized flower punches, corner round punch, congratulations stamp, rose ink, patterned paper, adhesive, foam dimensionals, and scissors.
‘American Flag’ Instructions:
1. Cut a piece of textured green card stock to 4-1/4″ x 10″. Score and fold in half for your card base. Round both bottom corners of your card base using a corner round punch.
2. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Rustic Birch Wood Adhesive Sheet. Adhere to textured green card stock base, centering left to right and top to bottom.
3. Cut four 3-1/4″ x 1/2″ strips of alternating patterns of patterned paper. Two in one color/pattern and two in another. Adhere the first pattern to the card above and below the 3-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Rustic Birch Wood. Adhere the next pattern on top of the 3-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Rustic Birch Wood and first patterned piece. Note: this piece of pattern paper will overlap and hide the seam between the Rustic Birch Wood and first patterned piece.
4. Punch out two leaves using the leaf punch. Adhere leaves to card in a ‘L’ shape. See card example for placement.
5. Punch our two rose card stock flowers and one Rustic Birch Wood using the various flower punches. These various flowers will layer to create one flower. Tip: you can freeform hand cut three flowers in concentric sizes if you don’t have three flower punches on hand.
6. Layer three punched flowers, largest to smallest, and adhere together. Place an adhesive pearl in the center of your flower. Adhere flower on top of leaves. See card example for placement.
7. Stamp ‘congratulations’ in rose ink onto a piece of white card stock. Cut out and adhere onto card using foam dimensionals.