With October beginning this week, we thought it would be fun to kick off the month with a festive Halloween card. This card features our White Birch Sticky , Cherry sheets and our White Birch Tape. Be sure to stay tuned throughout the month for more Halloween themed ideas and projects!
Supplies: White Birch Sticky Wood Sheet, Cherry Wood Sheet, White Birch Wood Tape, Orange Pattern Paper, Gray Pattern Paper, Black Card Stock, Metal Brad, Adhesives, Vanilla Card Stock, 1/4 Mini Glue Dots, Foam Dimensionals, Black Velvet Ribbon, Decorative Edge Punch, Scissors, Black Ink, Spider Stamp, and Happy Halloween Stamp.
4.25×5.5 Happy Halloween Card Instructions:
1. Trim a black piece of card stock to 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches. Score at 4-1/4 and fold in half. Card will be oriented portrait.
2. Trim a sheet of White Birch Sticky Wood to 4-1/4 x 3-1/2 inches. Peel backing and adhere to card stock card base, align with bottom edge of card. (To add a bit of charm, we found a piece of White Birch Sticky Wood that has a small knot it it.)
3. Using black ink and a spider stamp, stamp three spider images along the White Birch Sticky piece on card front. (From the bottom of the card up, the first image is approximately 1-1/2 inches in from the left and slightly off the page, the second image is approximately 1/2-inch from the left and 1-1/4 inches up from the bottom, the last image is approximately 2-1/2 inches from the left edge and 1 inch from the top of the White Birch Sticky piece.)
4. Trim a 4-1/4 x 1 inch piece of Cherry Wood. Using a decorative edge punch, punch along the 4-1/4 edge. Once punched, this piece will end up measuring approximately 3/4 x 4-1/4 inch. Adhere to card front just above White Birch Sticky piece.
5. Trim a piece of gray pattern paper to approximately 5/8 x 4-1/4 inches. Adhere to card front over lapping the Cherry and White Birch pieces.
6. Trim a 9-1/2 inch piece of black velvet ribbon.
7. Along the left-hand fold of the card, centered vertically next to the gray pattern paper, cut a 1/4-inch slit with a pair of scissors. Lace the black ribbon through the slit and wrap it around the inside to the front of the card.
8. Bring the two ends of the ribbon around to the front of the card, with each end overlapping each other, on the right side of the card. Using 1/4 mini glue dots adhere one end to the front of the card and the second end over the top of the first.
9. Using ‘Happy Halloween’ sentiment stamp and black ink, stamp image on a piece of vanilla card stock. Trim out leaving approximately 1/8-inch edge all around the image. Set aside.
10. Trim a piece of White Birch Tape to approximately 2-inches in length. Trim left edge of tape into a pennant.
11. Next, using the black ink, dab all the edges of the pennant tape piece with the ink. This will create a worn look.
12. Using foam dimensionals adhere tape to card front, placing it approximately 1-1/2 inches in from the left side of the card and 1-1/2 inches down from the top.
13. Taking ‘Happy Halloween’ sentiment piece place a foam dimensional in each corner. Adhere to card front slightly overlapping the White Birch Tape, align approximately 1/4-inch from right edge of card and 1/2-inch down from the top of the card front.
14. Trim a 1/4 x 1-inch piece of orange pattern paper. Cut a pennant into the left edge.
15. Take a metal brad and insert into the orange pattern paper approximately 1/2-inch from the left edge of the pattern paper, center the brad vertically.
16. Put a small dab of adhesive on the end of the orange pattern paper, then carefully lift the left edge of the ‘Happy Halloween’ sentiment piece slightly and slide the orange pattern paper piece under until the pewter brad comes to the edge of the ‘Happy Halloween’ piece. Press down gently to secure orange pattern paper to back of vanilla ‘Happy Halloween’ sentiment.